Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter























































Yesterday morning, we went down to Dan's parents house for an Easter Egg Hunt, and lunch. The kids had a lot of fun. Dan and I were exhausted and felt like we could barely move. We had stayed up past 2 am the night before, working on the kitchen remodel. (And I got woken up by kids at 6 am) I will post more about this later.
My mom, Leslie, and Becca came over later in the day to help with the kids, and kitchen painting. Then my mom took our kids to her house to paint easter eggs. We have no kitchen to cook or paint eggs in. The kids had fun with her, and it was very helpful that she took the kids while we painted more in the kitchen. I felt a little sad that I didn't get to paint eggs with the kids, since I actually enjoy it. I sent my camera with Rachel, and told her to take pictures, since I usually take pictures of the kids painting their eggs.
Today was quite a relaxing day. Since it was Fast Sunday, I did not make a special breakfast or lunch. I did not make Rachel fast. Since we only have one child that fasts, it didn't seem fair to make her wait until later to eat her candy, while the other kids ate theirs. Maybe next time this happens, I will plan better and have the Easter Bunny come at a different time. We went to my parents house for a yummy dinner, and crashed on their couches for a while.
On a serious note, I am thankful for Easter, and for Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins, and he was resurrected. No matter how hard I try to be good, it is not enough without the Saviour. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Jenni and fam said...

These are DARLING pictures!! Caleb looks so handsome and your girls are so adorable.

I think either e-mail is fine because I just have to enter which e-mails I want to invite then you get an ivitation at that e-mail address and then you enter your password to view my blog adn then you can view it whenever you want once you've originally logged in once. (at least I think thats how it works)

To see who is looking at your blog you go to feedjit.com. You can click on the link at the bottom of my live feed and it will take you to a site and give you options as to which type of "feed" you want to use and which ones are compatible with blogger and stuff like that. Its been interesting that is for sure.