Sunday, July 12, 2009

Caleb turns 7!







My sweet Caleb turned 7 while we were on our trip to Yellowstone. I packed all the presents along. My mom baked his cake in her cabin's kitchen since my cabin did not have a kitchen. I think he had a fun day.
My kids probably think I'm mean, but I've decided to only do birthday parties with friends on the even numbered years. On the odd-numbered years, we go out to dinner as a family to celebrate their birthdays.
Caleb chose to go to Chuck E Cheese. We went on Saturday, after we got home from Yellowstone. (Saturday was actually Dan's birthday). After eating a few token bites of pizza, the kids played games and rode rides. Caleb is very good at video games, and regular games. So it wasn't surprising that he ended up with 30 tickets more than Rachel, even though we gave them the same number of tokens. All of the kids had a lot of fun and they are already begging to go back.
I really love Caleb. He is such a sweet, smart boy.



2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

We only do even birthdays as well..so welcome to the club,you mean mom! It is fun to have the odd numbered years though. We make the family birthdays even more special than the friend birthdays. Happy Birthday Dan and Caleb!

{leah} said...

They grow so fast!! I remember having a baby shower for you when you were pregnant with him.

My how times flys!!