Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rambling


About a week ago when I woke up, all of the muscles in my leg were working again. I am thrilled. Before this, I was walking pretty well. But only part of the muscles in my leg were doing all of the work. So my leg felt crappy a lot of the time and stairs were still hard for me.


When I went to PT yesterday, the physical therapists were amazed. Then they gave me quite a workout.

I got to walk 9 minutes on the treadmill. Then I got to jog for 2 minutes. It was so slow I wouldn't even call it a jog. It was about a 15 minute mile. After that, they put me on the excercise bike for 5 minutes. After all of that, and a lot of other exercises, I was exhausted.


I am now allowed to run for 1 minute a day. Woohoo! 1 minute. :) I get to increase to 3 minutes when I can do 3 sets of 10 leg lifts.


Isn't it funny that I am excited about running one minute?

I can't express how thankful I am for being able to walk easily. It is the best thing!


The picture is a picture of all of my parent's grandkids. This was taken July 4th. That's a lot of kids!
Caleb and Dan had birthdays a few days ago. I'm gonna post pics and things about their birthdays--but I have to wait till I get my camera back. I accidentally left it at my in-laws house.

5 comments:

sinika said...

Cute kids!! And I'm glad that your leg is doing so well! Yippee!!!

Nicole Marsh said...

That is a lot of grandkids, all so cute. I am so glad that your leg is doing better.

The Jensen Family said...

Hooray for your leg! And good for your parents:)

Mike and Shayla said...

I'm so glad your leg is working!

Allkitsteph said...

Last time we saw each other, I forgot to ask how your leg was doing. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you, the family and your leg!!!!
Steph Rowley