Monday, February 13, 2012

What's it like with 5 kids?








Well, at first I thought I was on the crazy train on the way to the looney bin. But now I've adjusted. :) Its great having 5 kids. A little crazy now and then, but I have no regrets.
I am constantly asked by people, "How do you handle 5 kids? I can barely handle my ____ (fill in the blank)". Well, there's no magic trick. But as I've thought about it, I've come to relate it a bit to running.
Right at first when you start running, it is really hard. When you first become a mom, it is really hard. You've never done this before. It wears you out. You don't know how other people who do more than you can possibly do what they are doing. But like running, you get stronger and are able to handle more. That doesn't mean that some days the miles don't seem harder than others. Some days feel like speedwork. But some days are more like the beautiful mountain trails. Overall things get easier. So, adding children to the family is kind of like adding miles to your workout. It is hard but gets easier. I can honestly say that each child has added so much joy to our family. I can't imagine my life without any of them.
Here's some recent pics from our family Valentine's party. Photos courtesy of Becca.

4 comments:

sinika said...

I love this! Your family is beautiful btw!

Jennymommy6 said...

Sam looks like Alex! What an adorable little guy. You are right about the analogy :)

Mike and Shayla said...

The third picture down is so beautiful of you and your girls! You're lucky that someone captured that for you.

I like your explanation of how you handle so many. :)

Sarah said...

You have such handsome boys and beautiful girls! You're right that you get stronger as you go along. As with most things, it takes endurance and practice! I'm sure you have your hands full though!