Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Weekend









We spent a day at Dan's uncle's cabin with some of Dan's family. It is up near the Uintahs.
We roasted marshmallows, stayed up late, got dirty, played in the stream, and had fun.
We saw a moose and lots of squirrels. We saw a lot of cows too.
Anna liked the neighbors moose statue, so I took her picture with it.
Rachel said the cabin was her dream home. I thought that was kind of funny. Its not luxurious and is rather old. Its not my dream home, but it is a fun getaway.
Its amazing how long Alex could be entertained by floating sticks in a stream. Don't worry, we watched him closely. And as you can see, its really not very deep or swift.
The weather was quite cold. It actually snowed a little while we were there. Dan's brother Joe kept the fireplace going nice and hot.


2 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

How fun! I love going to my family cabin but I wish we could have fires and had a stream!! That looks like so much fun.

Jane said...

I love your photos of the children they are so beautiful!!! I have to admit Im not sorry we missed that one it sounds ever so cold. : ) But Im glad you guys had fun!!!