Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Momentary Pity Party

I woke up at 3 am with a sick stomach. Around 5, I went back to sleep. I got up before 6 to go to the gym. While putting on my clothes, I decided that it was a bad idea to go to the gym with a sick stomach. So, I went back to bed. I didn't get back to sleep. Thankfully, my stomach is feeling quite a bit better now.
I really wanted Dan to stay home from work. He has about 2 months of paid time off saved up. He told me that he couldn't. I said, "I'm sure other people call in sick if their wife is sick." He said, "No, they call their mom or sister to help them out." So I cried. My mom and sisters who live around here work. I have nobody to call to help me out.
I'm feeling okay now. I don't feel great. I didn't get much sleep. Sometimes it is hard to be a mom. So this is my momentary pity party.

3 comments:

Gentrey said...

All moms deserve pity parties once in awhile (You know I've had my fair share of them recently). Also, it's not fair that moms never have others to take care of us. When my husband is sick, my whole world comes to a stop so I can take care of him. When I'm sick, well....hopefully my kids are feeling somewhat calm that day.

Hope you feel better.

The Hoggan's said...

=( Hope you feel better! I wish I lived closer and then we could help each other!

Stacy Holmes said...

Sorry, I didn't know you were that under the weather! My only sister is 8 states away- and my mom lives in Cedar City- so that is a lame line! Mom's and sisters are for going out to lunch with not throwing up with! My 2 cents- but I hope you are feeling better- the gym rats miss you!