Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just a random blog update



















Dan and recently celebrated our 12th anniversary. I can't believe it has already been that long! We had a wonderful night without our kids. (Thanks to my in-laws for taking them) The other day I ran to Walgreens late at night. I noticed an engaged couple on our street out kissing by their car. I had to smile. It reminded me of the good old days of kissing Dan by the car. We always hated to go to our own homes at night. I love Dan, and I am glad he's my husband.



We had a good Thanksgiving. We had a lunchtime Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and a dinnertime Thanksgiving dinner with Dan's family. Dan's mom make the best orange rolls ever! Both families make different items, and I like that.


On Saturday night, we took our kids to the live nativity in Alpine. (Thanks, Sinika for posting it on your blog.) Anna fell asleep on the way there. For those of you that know Anna, you know that she screams a lot when she wakes up. She woke up very crabby. She cried while we were waiting, unless Dan held her. Good thing she's not a heavy 5-year-old. They take you to the nativity from the church in a horsetrailer with hay bales. As soon as we sat down, the people in the trailer starting singing Christmas carols. Anna sure cheered up! She thought it was great. Our kids loved seeing the animals. Especially the camels.
The part with Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus was nicely done. They even had a real baby. It was actually very sweet. After the nativity, they served hot chocolate. I am already hearing, "When we go back next year...." from all of our kids. It was a great way to start the Christmas season.


On Monday, we had our Christmas piano recital. I combine my 5 students with the teacher who teaches my two older kids. They all did a great job! This was Anna's first piano recital. I don't normally teach kids so young, but Anna has really wanted to learn. S0, I started teaching Anna in September. She played "We Three Kings". She loves that song now, and always wants to hear it on my Ipod. I am proud of my kids and my piano students!














2 comments:

sinika said...

I'm glad you made it to the nativity! It was pretty awesome huh. How are you feeling these days?

Chelsa said...

That nativity sounds neat! Happy Anniversary!