Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Funny things my kids have said

I keep meaning to write down all of the funny things my kids say, before I forget them. So, let's see if I can remember some of the funny things.

Last year, when Anna was about 16 months old, she looked at a dollar bill sitting on the kitchen table. She said, "Look, its Jesus". I said, nope that's not Jesus. Then she said, "Its Grandpa!". I laughed a bit.

One of the most embarassing things ever has to be Halloween 2006. I was trick-or-treating with the kids. We went to our neighbors next door. Their yard was un-kept and they had dead plants in pots on their porch. After Rhonda (neighbor) gave us candy, Rachel said, "You don't need to decorate for Halloween." The neighbor replied, "Why not?" Rachel said, "Because your house already looks scary". I was so embarrased that she would say that.

I didn't used to make boiled eggs very often. On Easter when Caleb was 3 years old, he cracked open his Easter egg. When he got to the yolk in the middle, he came running up to me excited. He said, "Mom! There's a ball of butter in the middle of my egg".

When Rachel was about 4, she got into my makeup one Sunday afternoon when we were all napping. When I started to scold her, she said, "But I felt so beautiful". I still remember it quite clearly. She was so cute.

When we went camping a few years ago, Rachel was scared on the way to the outhouse, when it was dark outside. She told me she was afraid of bears. I told her, "Don't worry, if a bear comes to eat you, I will let it eat me instead." Then she burst out crying, "But Mom, I don't want you to get eaten by a bear". I guess I didn't make her feel any better.

1 comment:

sinika said...

Christine! So exciting to see your blog and family! It's so fun to keep in touch this way!