Friday, November 21, 2008

10 Years!!




I changed the song on my blog in celebration of our 10 Year Anniversary today. Kind of silly, but when we engaged, Dan bought the Phil Collins CD at the store. When we got back to his parent's house, we put the CD in the CD player in the kitchen, and danced to this song. So, whenever we hear the song "Groovy Kind of Love" we remember it.


I wouldn't trade the last 10 years. It has been some of the best years of my life. We've had good times and hard times. Looking back, we've:


1. Owned 3 houses


2. Had 4 kids


3. Had a lot of different jobs


4. When we got married, we were one semester from finishing our Associates degrees. Dan finished his Bachelor's degree, and Master's degree, and I finished my Bachelor's degree. Man, when I look back at our college days, I don't wanna go back. That was tough!


5. We've aged a bit---thankfully I don't look like I'm 14 still. When we were younger and people found out I was married I got the "You look too young" response. When I was pregnant with Rachel I looked like a young, pregnant teenager.


Since I know you're gonna read this blog, Dan, I just wanted to say "I LOVE YOU"!

3 comments:

The Hoggan's said...

Aww! Thats so cute! 10 years, WOW! You don't look 14 anymore! You look 15 =) jk.

Jennymommy6 said...

Yeah you definitely look closer to 20 now.

Your pictures are so pretty I feel so jealous :)

Jenni and fam said...

Hey Christine, Jenni Farmer here. Long time no talk! I can't believe how big ALex is!! Holy cow. You probably wouldn't recognize Jovi either. Time flies doesn't it. Cute blog you have. I found yours through Erins. So are you still teaching gospel doctrine? Hope all is good for you guys!