Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mo-Tab and more

On Friday night we went with Leslie to the Mo-Tab Christmas concert at the conference center. Rachel also came with us.
The concert was great! We enjoyed it. The performers were really talented. Rachel grinned really big when the usher asked her if she liked it. She loved it. I was surprised that she knew who Handel was. I guess they've been learning about composers at school.
The tickets were originally my sister Jenny's. She couldn't make it, so she gave them to us. The tickets somehow must have ended up in the VIP section. We could see President Monson, Mitt Romney and many of the other general authorities. They were only several rows away. I thought that was kind of cool.
Getting out of the parking garage was not fun. We sat there for at least an hour. That's what happens when you are three levels down and everyone leaves at once.
On Saturday, my mom took me to Olive Garden for lunch. Then we went birthday shopping. I found a cute dress at JCPenney. We still need to go Christmas shopping. She always just has me pick out my own gifts. I had fun.
Today was my birthday. We woke up rather tired because we didn't sleep well. I don't know why, but our power went off and on all night long. Every time it would come back on, the humidifier would start back up, and our alarm clock with large numbers would start flashing. And of course, it just makes noise when everything powers up.
Dan made me a yummy breakfast of hashbrowns and pancakes. The kids got up early and made me a book. They drew pictures and wrote how much they loved me. It was really cute.
Dan bought me a new coat and some other things. I love my kids and husband!
Tonight, we went to my parents house for dinner and dessert. My mom made me Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie. It was yummy. The candles my kids put on my piece were backwards, so it looked like I was turning 13.
I was quite surprised with the gift my sister Leslie gave me. It was a rather heavy box. Dan joked that it was a lump of coal and some lingerie. Leslie likes to tease, and last year for Christmas she gave Bridget a lingerie top, and me the lingerie bottom. Well, Dan was probably hoping it was lingerie. It turns out that she bought me a Kitchenaid Mixer! I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies with it tomorrow.
I had a nice birthday, and a great weekend!

3 comments:

Gentrey said...

Happy Birthday!

Kitchen Aid mixers are the best!

Stacy Holmes said...

Happy Birthday! You are so young! To be 31 again...sigh..you deserve only the best! Have fun with your new mixer!

Jane said...

Happy Be-lated birthday : ) It sounds like you had a very wonderful birthday!!! Wow thirty one what a great age. I have thought of the thirtys as being rather magical especially now that Im starting to get to the end of them. : )