Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas and Resolutions


Caleb with the new race track that Santa brought him.

Alex wasn't too surprised with this one. He already unwrapped it the day before. He was really mad when I wouldn't let him have it early. I kept having to hunt him down and bring him back to open presents. He was more interested in getting into all of candy in the house instead of unwrapping presents and toys. He wasn't too interested in looking at the camera either.


Rachel and Anna comparing Zhu Zhu pets.




Rachel opening the earrings and necklace that we bought her. She is growing up so fast! She is starting to like tween stuff. I don't want her to ever be a teenager!
We had a nice Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with Dan's family. We had a yummy dinner and a nice family home evening. We had a family Christmas party with my family earlier in the week when Jenny was here from Idaho.
We usually aren't home a lot on Christmas, but we decided to stay home most of the day this year. I enjoyed being able to stay home and relax. Our kids got to enjoy their toys all day.
I wasn't feeling well because my sinus infection came back for the third time. But, I took a long nap and doubled up on Tylenol and Motrin. After the medicine kicked in, I felt good enough to go visit some family. I am now on a powerful antibiotic that cost more than my Christmas presents. But I feel good. :)
Well, that brings me to New Years. Today is New Year's Eve. I always like to make resolutions. Dan hates making resolutions, and he never will. Here's what I've thought of so far:
1. Finish reading the Book of Mormon with the kids. After 3 years, we have only made it halfway through the book of Alma. We made good progress last year. It helps that our older two kids pay attention and can take turns reading. But 2010 will be the year we finish!
2. Attend the temple every month.
3. Read 3 books a month. I actually love reading. But I don't read very often. When I read, I don't do anything but read until the book is done. So, I end up sleep-deprived and have a messy house if I read. So, this year I'm gonna try to read in moderation.
4. Play with my kids more.
5. Run a half-marathon. I was hoping to do Ogden, but it already filled up. I guess I'll pick a different one.
6. Write in my "I love you" books every day. I have a book that I made for my kids and husband. Every day I was writing in them. I fell off the bandwagon in November, and have only written once since then. I'm gonna get back on board and start writing again. They all love reading the nice things I write about them.
7. Learn a new piano song. I haven't learned anything new for a while.
That's all I can think of.



2 comments:

sinika said...

Wow! Resolution girl! I never make any- somehow for me it is the kiss of death. Anyway, I love the I love you book idea. I should do that for my fam. Maybe a resolution??? :)

Mike and Shayla said...

I would love to hear more about the I Love You books! It sounds like a neat idea.