Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh....

Someone mentioned to me that I forgot to say what Dan's good news was. Dan was named the Director of Operations for the company he works for. So now, he's the boss for the company in Salt Lake City. I am really proud of Dan. He has worked so hard, and does a great job.

You might say that it is a cooincidence, but there's no such thing as a cooincidence. We know that Heavenly Father was sending us help in our time of need. We feel very thankful that we will be able to pay the medical bills that are coming our way.
Last week, a friend and I were talking about things, and she calls this "tender mercies". I've been reflecting on this recently.

I am not going to list all the trials I've been through. I know that you've all been through challenging times as well. But I know that I have seen the "tender mercy" of Heavenly Father in every single trial I have gone through. He's never just left me alone without any help. I'm not saying I've never struggled, never been scared, or never been sad. But there has always been a way for things to work out. I've always had the comfort I needed at the times I've needed it most.

A scripture I read recently was this:
Mormon 5:23
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God?

As much as we like to think we are in charge, and we know the plans, the truth is that we are in Heavenly Father's hands.

3 comments:

Gentrey said...

That is so great about Dan's job. Also, your post made me cry...but in a good way.

reinasmommy said...

Good for Dan! That is wonderful! I'm so sorry about your medical problems, but I hope everything will pass and things will turn out okay.

Jane said...

Thanks for that beautiful post Christine. Its good reminder for me!
That exciting about Dans new job!!! Take Care and we look forward to seeing you in May ; )