Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Unknown

I've been having knee issues from running. Recently, I went to a Sports Medicine doctor. He concluded that it was from a weak hip, and gave me some excercises to do to strengthen my hip. I have been doing the exercises for two months now, and I have made some improvement. I still cannot lift my left leg as high as normal, and I feel a little unstable going down stairs sometimes. I've been running around 10 miles a week.
Feeling like something still isn't right, I went to my family doctor today. He is a great doctor. He spent over half an hour in the room with me. (Sorry to all the patients after me.) He did not come up with a diagnosis. But he thinks there's something wrong. I have muscle atrophy on one side of my body. It might possibly be a disk in my back or something else. I will be getting an MRI done on my back, and other tests done by a neurologist to try to figure out what is wrong with me.
I went in to the appointment thinking I would just get a referral for some physical therapy for my hip and knee. I've been a little emotional since my appointment, since this is not what I expected. I really hate the unknown. I feel nervous about what comes next. What if they find something wrong? What if they don't?
I know everything will be okay in the end. I know that Heavenly Father knows me and will help me through whatever comes next. But I can't help feeling a little nervous about the unknown.

3 comments:

Gentrey said...

I'm so sorry Christine. I hope the MRI gives you good news and that everything is okay again really soon. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

The Jensen Family said...

Ditto everything Gent said. How long do you have to wait till the MRI & neuro appt.? Let us know how it goes, there will be a lot of people rooting for you.

Erin said...

Sorry about that! The MRI is a nice time to take a nap. I hope that you find out it is nothing very big. I am going to be heading back to the gym for biking and weight lifting if you ever want to work out . . . Keep me posted about the MRI appointment and stuff.