Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Like a kid at Christmas

I woke up really early this morning to go to the bathroom. When I walked to the bathroom, I realized that I could feel one of my leg muscles that I hadn't been able to feel anymore. I could walk even better than yesterday. I lay there trying to go back to sleep and trying not to wake up Dan. But alas, my excitement got to me, and I woke him up to show him that my leg was working better today. It struck me as funny because I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning trying to be quiet till it was time to get up.
What a difference a week can make! I guess what a difference rest, not picking up a toddler, and lots of anti-inflammatories can make. I am hoping that I am cured. But in reality its not all better. Its just back to where it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.
So, Merry Christmas! :) Hopefully there's no more snow to go with it.

5 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Horray for a good day! I can't sleep if there is anything on my mind either..poor husbands!
PS
talked to my bro and mom about you. They said to put off surgery as long as possible and only as a last resort. My bro had surgery for some disks, and didn't have surgery on others..and he said that he wished he didn't get the surgery. He said the cortizone shots were the best, and PT helped alot. Hope that helps!

The Jensen Family said...

yay for progress and small victories!

Rowley Family said...

Congrats! I need to read your blog more often so I know whats going on in your families life. Sorry you have gone through so much. Wish I was a little closer to help. You are always serving others so you could use a little service back.

Nicole Marsh said...

That is wonderful news! I hope that you are cured, or that it keeps getting better for you.

Erin said...

That is good to hear. I hope everything gets worked out for you.