Monday, January 19, 2009

Funny things the kids have said lately

The other day I made popcorn for the kids. When they got to the bottom of the bag, Caleb declared that he wanted to save some of the seeds to plant a popcorn tree. I laughed and reminded him that it was just a kind of corn. He said he had just forgotten that.

During the sacrament at church, we give our kids a stack of small pictures of Jesus to look at to try to keep them quiet. Anna looked at one where Jesus was on the shore telling the fisherman to come unto him. Anna said rather loudly, "Jesus is just telling them that he doesn't want to go fishing."

Rachel was complaining about winter and how it gets dark so early. I hate it too, and I agreed with her. Then she pointed out something that I hadn't thought about. She said that the good thing about winter is that we can watch the sunrise every morning. In the summer it comes up too early, and she is never awake to see it. She said that we need to keep a camera on the kitchen counter so that we can take a picture of the sunrise every morning.

Caleb the other day said, "So, there's two kinds of chopsticks. The kind you eat with, and the kind you put on your lips". I guess he had gotten chopsticks and chapstick mixed up.

3 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

HeHe! Those are very cute. Can I borrow your Chopstick? Ha! I love it.

sinika said...

That is cute! Love your new family pic on the side.

Erin said...

I love it when my kids say funny things not on purpose! It makes up for a lot of unfunny things!! How was swimming today?