Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I'm not very good with making or keeping resolutions, but here's what I've come up with:
1. Get my house more organized.
We actually got a head start on this today. We spent the whole day cleaning and organizing. My kids keep sneaking stuff out of the DI bag, so I need to do more de-junking when they aren't around.
2. Remember to read scriptures with the kids more often. After 2 years of reading the Book of Mormon with our kids, not just the kids reader, we are still only at the beginning of the book of Alma. We gotta do better on this.
3. Run a half-marathon, and survive a triathlon.
I am planning on the Ogden 1/2 Marathon. We have a triathlon picked out too. But I'm feeling rather chicken on the triathlon. I went swimming with Mom and Les recently. I am much slower than they are, and I can only swim 10 laps, while they are swimming 20. And that's with stopping after 2 pool lengths. I don't know if I can do it. I'm gonna try. The swimming seems so hard.
4. Be more cheerful and not get grumpy as easily.
5. Be more social. Some days life at home is really lonely. I have gotten out of the habit of being social and inviting people to do things. I need to get out of this rut.
6. Try some new recipes. I really like to cook something different sometime.
Well, that's all I can think of for tonight. I still gotta get the kids to bed and it is almost 10pm.

2 comments:

Gentrey said...

Christine, you put my resolutions to shame. You are incredible.

Rowley Family said...

Sounds like great resolutions to me. Will you come and organize my house for me? That is my goal this week.